Sunday, January 27, 2008

out in nowhere

So I work in the suburbs now. I assumed everyone knew but I guess it makes sense that they don't cause I generally don't like to brag about it. And not just the suburbs. OFF THE ISLAND suburbs. I'm talking I gotta take the metro, get on the suburb bus, then switch to another suburb bus, then work. The ride is long (1 1/2 hours there, up to 2 hours back) but it's really peaceful, even in the middle of the day. Not many people and looking out the window is usually best cause I get car sick pretty easily.

Anyways, the most inspiring thing I get to see while heading for the bridge to leave the city (other than sunrises) is the FARINE FIVE ROSES electric neon sign looming over me.




I love old things but I'm by no means a historian, so I never researched the sign or thought how old it might be, all I know is that it's gorgeous and a perfect reminder of the beautiful city I've lived in for 5 1/2 years now. Apparently it's quite old and in google image searching it online i found that there are a number of sites dedicated to art it's inspired and a project completely dedicated to "saving" it and reusing it.



This week I won't be in the suburbs- I'll be at Rockland for a visual merchandising workshop so that means more hours in my day! More time to sleep in! And less time to miss pups and kitty.

xo
Lucy

1 comment:

Lisa Czech said...

When I lived on the south shore I used to ride that bus almost everyday! Needless to say, that sign was always the highlight of the trip.