Wednesday, February 20, 2008

So back on January 2nd I posted a bunch of pseudo new years resolutions and i'm happy to report that i've been keeping up on several of them. To refresh:
1. Learn how to upload pictures on this thing.

DONE! Except for the fact that they're super blurry. what's up with that?

2. Renew my passport.

Totally got up this morning at 6am just to get in line before all the other mofos looking to do the same. I was 12th in line, barely had to wait and now I can safely pick up my passport on March 5th-- one week before I...

3. Book my flights to Austin and Chicago (sxsw, baby!) Go to Austin!

Tickets are paid for (got a really good deal using kayak.com) and I'm gonna be staying with some friends of friends. Does anyone have a sleeping bag I can borrow? Also- this magical lady will be my partner in crime throughout the festival. Her name is Jessica Larrabee

and she rules. Her band, She Keeps Bees will be playing some non-festival type shows, as will the sweetest most sympathetic band (puke on 'em and their girlfriends and they don't mind. well maybe a little) Brutal Knights. I doubt I'll get to see everyone i want to see, especially Dolly Parton, but I'm sure it's gonna be nothing but fun.

4. Drink 1 litre of H2O everyday, among other healthy things.

I don't do this everyday, but when I do I feel a lot better. Always working on it.

5. Allow room to make mistakes/ cheat but make sure i'm back on track the next day.

Totally. Like this one time- I let myself have a donut walking back from work (the kind with the sprinkles on 'em), but the next day I was totally healthy again.

6. Keep my camera on me more and take lots of pictures.

I started of good, but have been lacking. i think this just coincides with my not going out much, and when I do, I try not to bring my purse so I can dance and not have to worry about my purse in the corner (too cheap to pay for coat check). Whatever, spring is coming, it'll be easier.

7. Go for my driver's license after my birthday.

Still gotta wait on that one.

8. Start closet renewal projects for people I know.

booked one with my pal Lena but then there were some scheduling conflicts so I'm aiming for April-Mayish.

9. Pay off my Visa (or at least almost!)

I had to buy plane tickets and a wall unit! Please forgive me.

Also not on my list that I've accomplished:

1. learned how to crochet
2. got the most amazing new idea for my buisness
3. started writing a script with Sinbad
4. sometime in the last few months lost 6 pounds??!!
5. started a super awesome art project as an idea for a birthday present for my buddy owain. hopefully it works out.

xoxo
Lucy

No comments: