Tuesday, February 12, 2008

life lessons

Last night I went to Otaki for Chrissy's birthday and all you can eat sushifest. I had caviar for the first time and they felt like pop rocks in my mouth.



All you can eat sushi is definitely something worth splurging on, and even super poor people should do it once in their lifetime. (And by poor people, I mean my friends). There were about 13 of us in total and while searching for someone to make a birthday toast Christina volunteered as the eldest and therefore suposedly the wisest saying 'Have more sex'.

Today I went to my shrink and his wise words of the session were 'why do you come here? You're as normal as the rest of us- and probably as normal as you're gonna get'. He also asked me if I thought I had bad taste in men, which I thought was one of th most intersting questions I've ever been asked.

Later on after some craft supply shopping I went to see my old boss/ surrogate father Steve Welch and he told me (in his very godlike sounding voice I might add) that 'Freedom comes with security'. What he was trying to say was that I hadn't sold my soul to the devil aka the large corporation I work for and infact by taking the job I have, am now allowing myself to spread my proverbial "creative" wings in a way that might actually get me the closest to where I want to be. I love Steve.




He sold me a Love and Rockets comic and now I have the rest of the evening to write my staff evaluations and watch the reality show 'I Love New York'.

Today, life is good, and well earned-seeming.
xo Lucy

No comments: