Tuesday, March 3, 2009

no theatre please

You know what sucks?

When someone who shares your first and last name gets way more email then you, and you have to know about it. Granted, I feel smug in knowing I got to our email namesake first (she has a pesky little "c" added in hers- middle initial no doubt) but she's obviously around my age, living in London, England as some kind of set designer/props person and loads of interesting people email her everyday! At first i thought it was cute, I emailed her friends back telling them they had the wrong girl, no big deal. Then when she wrote me to apologise for the inconvenience, we struck up a conversation about our parallel lives and agreed it was funny and awesome. For awhile I would forward her emails to her if I got one here or there- but if I'm in a bad mood (namely when i'm pmsing, lonely or down on what life has to offer me) I just delete/spam that shit. But it's not her fault. Quite obviously. I just need something new to look forward to. Something relatively closeby, but more personal then summer/ warm weather. Which don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to immensely. I just remember last spring/summer and how I felt like i'd wasted it. I so desperately want to start acting again, but my big project has now been postponed for two years... and I don't have another. My problem is, I love acting, but I hate actors. Or at least I think I do. So I'm trying to figure out if there is something out there for me. Something I can invest in, that's social at the same time. Making art for the most part feels far too alienating. Anyone know anyone with a video/filming equipment and smart scriptwriting ideas?

No comments: