Monday, December 8, 2008

wish you were here

Last night I went directly from work to my friends Chloe + Yannick's place where they were having a little house party for their end of tour homecoming. The food was amazing- homemade vegan snacks to feed a small army. My contribution was blackberries, chocolate covered mint Oreos, maple syrup taffy cones and sour gummy dinosaurs. I tried my best at small talk with people who I didn't know but until other friends showed up I decided to pour over their books and artwork everywhere on the walls while listening to a really good band called Thee Oh Sees for the first time. It was easy to get inspired again.

On the long metro/bus ride home I wrote a bunch and decided my new years resolution would be to use the internet less (but not never!) and with that time start drawing/embroidering/making mix cds/decorating my room = essentially being productive/proactive. Re-watching the entire series of Buffy is still cool though. It's winter afterall.

Starting this week I'll be doing a few coat check shifts at Il Motore, the new venue up in Little Italy/Park Ex. I'll also be returning purchased items I bought in moments of weakness. The turquoise satin strapless sweetheart neckline cocktail dress WAS made just for me, but i've gotta make some sacrifices here and there.

Things are really starting to happen right now, I can feel the change a-brewin', so at this point I'd like to keep it happy and hopeful.

xo
Lucy

No comments: